Our offices are located at 125 East Third Street,Williamsport, the county seat of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. Williamsport was incorporated as a borough on March 1, 1806 and as a city on January 15, 1866. In the late 1800, Williamsport was known as the “Lumber Capital of the World”. Along the Susquehanna River, not far from our office, stood the Susquehanna Boom where logs were stored by the thousands in preparation for their journey down river for processing. Owing to that industry, Williamsport was once reputed to have more millionaires per capita that any other city in the world. To this day, the local high school mascot is the “Williamsport Millionaires”.
Williamsport is birthplace of Little League baseball, annually hosting the Little League World Series. Williamsport is also the home of Lycoming College, the Pennsylvania College of Technology of Penn State University, the Lycoming County Historical Society, the Community Arts Center, the Williamsport Cross-Cutters baseball team, and the Hiawatha Paddle-wheeler.
Our office building was originally constructed in approximately 1880, at the height of the lumber boom. From its construction through 1914, the building was a private residence. From 1915 through 1984, the building served as a funeral parlor under the management of the Page, Allen, and McCullough families. Following a brief vacancy, our firm acquired and renovated the building, which has been our home since 1987.